Sunday, May 20, 2007

Dark Knight vs Joker, thoughts

So most people know about the 'I believe in Harvey Dent, Too' site. Well the Joker is just about totally revealed now and I can only think one thing.

Why do they feel a need to have the Joker's smile a cut lip smile? I know the Joker was originally inspired by 'The Man Who Laughs' but Joker in the comics has never had a cut grin to the best of my knowledge. If anything, give him a prosthetic chin enhancement. He has a big chin, not a big mouth. The mouth only looks big because he is always smiling/laughing.

Still, as much as I can complain about this bit of visual disgust over artistic liberties, I still have to remember how well Batman Begins was pulled off. The same crew is working on this movie. Here's to having a little hope placed in Nolan to know what he's doing.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Josh M said...

As I understand things, the Joker has a cut lip smile now in the comics, maybe in anticipation for the new movie. I think it takes away a big part of the character. The Joker's always been a crazy guy and has always wanted to kill others, but I've always thought of him as a a pussy, frankly, who didn't want to get hurt himself. That he would have cut up his own face in a smile is too darkly crazy, even for the Joker.

But I'm with you when you ultimately decide that this is the team who made Batman Begins, which I feel is the single best comic book movie ever made (and, if not, is tied with Superman: The Movie.)

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home