Saturday, December 31, 2005

Comics and stuff

Little recap with my comments about the few comics that came out this past week now that I've been able to read them.

Batman 648
I still feel a little in the dark about the whole Jason Todd arch, mainly becuase I reread A Death in the Family to see if there was any question of his death from slips in the artwork or hole sin the plot. As far as I can tell, it was pretty much a given fact that he died - and confirmed - and DC wants to feed us the fact that this really is Jason, and I suppose I am still in denial.

I liked the touch of sending the little gift to Bruce, and the was Jason is playing Black Skull. The art wasn't solid through the comic (occasionally Black Skull's head seemed too wide/square), but everything else seemed fine. The story is a little more kind to my mind than the recent City of Crime arch, so I can accept what's going on more easily (especially with the flashbacks giving a little ground for comparison and precident).

I don't know really - I suppose I'm still very skeptical with what DC is doing to Batman.

Superman/Batman #23
Wow...this story is just getting more and more twisted, and I love it. Red Son Superman and Batman Beyond, countering Bizarro and Batzarro - as a sideplot. It was also fun to see Batman beat up on Superman, even if it wasn't really Batman (and then watch Superman improvise with what was available, MacGyver style).

Ever since I started picking this series up it hasn't disapointed me as raw entertainment, though I will admit I started with this recent plot arch. I haven't read the previous plot arches, and there for avoided the Supergirl arch that I hear wasn't very good by some people.

Also the fact that Bizarro breaks into Supergirl's room, Superman and Batman keep changing through realities, Superwoman and Batwoman, and the massive twist at the end (which I dare not spoil) really made me feel like a kid again.

That's it for this week, well, this most recent week. Rann/Thanagar also came out in trade paperback, the last one before the actual Infinite Crisis I think (aside from Sacrifice, which bleeds into OMAC). Also slowly chewing on Green Lantern stuff provided by Kalinara.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home