Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Years, Circle of Fire, and more

Well, it is now 2006 and we still have no flying cars on the market. In fact, little has really changed in the last few years visibly, except everyone has an ipod now. I may sound a little pessimistic, but who really believes that the world will make a massive revolution in culture over the course of 24 hours - unless a UFO crashed into London (or Tokyo)?

Finished reading Circle of Fire, provided by Kalinara of course. I'm starting to think she has a mission to make me like Rayner, and I think it's working. The whole plot comes off as totally contrived, and was a little hard for me to stick with it till the end. I have to admit I skimmed some of the filler atories in the middle, mainly dealing with the kids and the Atom. I just didn't find them as interesting as the other contrived lanterns.

Rayner is a little more scary in my book considering the events in the arch, but I still like him. I could say he's my favorite of the lanterns, but then again almost all of the Green Lantern stories I've read has had him as a main character (or at least a major part of the story).

Other little notes to mention:
-House is starting on USA on the 6th (fri) at 11:00 est, also new episodes of Monk begin the 13th (I like Monk, but rarely get to watch it, and I usually catch new epiosdes of House on Fox on Tuesdays, USA is just picking it up)
-New episodes of Battlestar Galactica, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate SG-1 begin airing Jan 6th finally.
-Lost will hopefully start back up with new episodes soon, since the reruns have nearly caught up finally.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger kalinara said...

It's my eeeevil scheme. I have some Hal, John and Guy centered stuff too, next time you come by...

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Centurion said...

Next time I drop by it won't be for the comics, but it would be a nice side effect ^_-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home