Sunday, September 24, 2006

Comics!

I feel like I'm really out of the loop, after having to adjust to not using the laptop. Every night I would sit down on the couch with it in hand, reading news sites and weblogs, chatting, and writing. Now, everything feels forced if it happens at all. I'm not used to writing on a desktop - it just isn't as comfortable, you know?

Anyway, this week was pretty average with the exception to two titles. Those being, of course, Catwoman and Birds of Prey. If anything could turn around an expensive day of mediocrity, it would be those two.

First of all, Catwoman has shot up in quality quite consistantly since I began reading it. This issue was probably the best I have read yet, and I place the blame solely on Film Freak. I'm big into film and such, so I really enjoy the antics of him. I also absolutely love the constant homages to old movies - so with last week's Psycho bit and this week's King Kong bit, I am in heaven.

Birds of Prey - Thank you, Gail Simone, for that rip on Frank Miller. I don't know if it was on purpose, but it sure felt that way. I don't like the return of 'classic' Batgirl, but I bet that comes from higher up. It isn't really classic Batgirl, as far as we know, but it is close enough. I am curious about the whole 'getting shot like the original Batgirl, but unaffected' thing going. Two Oracles are too many and silly, so I doubt that'll happen. Maybe this it just a really crazy misleading story to bring back Cassandra Cain. No way that's going to happen, but I can dream.

Also, we need shots of this Guy Gardner film. Have them go see the movie so we can see the movie.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home