Thursday, September 13, 2007

To be or not to be

Batman, or RoboCop?

Today I took the police officer pre-employment physical abilities test as part of my application to the local police department. Now, I feel like jello and I can't lift anything heavier than a few pounds. Don't ask me to sit up.

I'm sure the first question after reading that would be "How did you do?" and there is no real easy answer to that. I won't officially know till next week when they make the first cut, but I can tell you now that I did not finish the course. I timed out on the second set of 20 situps just a bit halfway through the set. There was another 200 yard dash and dummy drag after that chunk of work, and that was it. Timed out about 2/3 through.

I wasn't the only one to be killed at that point, and that was where most people timed out. I don't feel bad or upset (aside from not being very emotional to begin with). One of the officers I spoke with afterwards said failure to complete is not disqualification, and they do hire people that don't complete it the first time.

This is basically a screening check early on. The test must be completed after BLET training to graduate, but that's after the whole schooling process with PT classes.

In the end, I am not worried. My heart and mind are in the right place. I figure my odds of employment are about 1:8 based on my abilities and the number of people that showed up to test with me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home