Tuesday, June 19, 2007

HeroesCon 2007, summery of sorts

Well, I was really fatigued after the con - imagine that. Anyway, I'll post the highlights.

During the DC Nation panel I asked if there was a point to Amazons Attack. I asked bluntly, for two reasons. First of all I couldn't think of a better way to ask, and nerves were a little fuzzy from actually being called on. Second, I thought Didio could dig into the question with his usual snarky replies. It worked, and he continued to point in my direction when talking about possible upcoming titles and explaining how they will be good to read. I wasn't frustrated/angry about being the butt of his banter - I was laughing and smiles the whole time.

Afterwards I came up and explained my take on it, and he acknowledged that the delays with Wonder Woman messed the timing up, and it didn't have nearly the impact it should have had with other big events going on. I then asked if there was a point to the series, asking if there was a worthwhile reward at the end. He said yes, and mentioned a bit about Wonder Girl, but that fits in with what we all now know about the new miniseries with her. I then went fanboy on him and got my photo with him, just like last year.

The next day at the Countdown and Beyond panel I waited till the lightning round Didio does - quick questions and answers near the end of the panel for those who have yet to attend something he hosts. I asked another sharp question - "Where's Azrael?" Didio paused a moment as voices rose up from the crowd and then responded with "He's Dead! He's the one hero who stays dead!" It was another fun moment I thought.

On the final day I had my photo taken with Rosario Dawson, and I can honestly say she is a truely lovely person. I could have been starstruck by her, but she also felt genuinely enthusiastic about being there and among the comic crowd. She was digging into an Unmasked Joker figure while I was chatting with her briefly with my quarter-minute of fame.

I also arrived with 400 NCGA fliers, and all but maybe 30 vanished by the end of the convention. Here's hoping quite a few emails are sent to the guy on the flier...

If anyone has questions about the con, ask me in the comments section - You'll help jog my memory and I can answer them to the best I'm able...

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosario Dawson? Ah, lucky lucky! She's totally awesome - good to hear she's actually nice.

I wish I could watch the Choral Lordi video but the computers here are slow and sound is also an issue >_<

Haha a lot of people here are geeks and watch Star Trek or Stargate whoohoo!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home