Saturday, June 09, 2007

Countdown issues

Is it just me, or does it feel like the writers of Countdown are not communicating with the other writing teams?

Personally, I find it annoying that the monitors are showing up everywhere with conflicting agendas. Maybe that's on purpose, but it isn't very smooth in any case. Nevermind the obviously inconsistancies with Black Adam.

Personally I would have taken him off the radar for several years, only to make a brief appearance during this new crisis - and then only after his upcoming miniseries. I mean, come on, I would have saved the return of his powerword to be the surprise twist ending of the mini. Here we are, spoiled as a silly plot device. I think it would have been better to bring out Eclipse, rather than have Mary joyride with Black Adam's lightning...

With 52 universes to watch over, the Monitors seem to be overly concerned with this earth. Why are they so worried about this Earth? Is Earth1 the hotspot for the multiverse's spring break and we need additional law enforcement or something?

Still, I can't be totally annoyed with DC over Countdown. I'm just annoyed that they seem to be in perpetual balance over what is good and bad. They let promising titles slide indo mediocrity, while the titles we like to laugh about actually gain promise - and the cycle repeats usually.

Justice League is actually decent now that it is crossing over with an already great title (Justice Society). 52 gave way to Countdown and lacks power, even with the awesome Dini driving it. Donner's Superman has practically vanished, while all-star batman is actually seen a new issue appear. Simone is moving from Birds of Prey to Wonder Woman, to bring that title out of a horrible slump - and hopefully BoP won't fall in quality...

At least I'm happy to say I'm through with Marvel. Only one thing could have tempted me back, but after hearing that DC maybe starting a norse comic I feel safe in saying Thor will not bring me back.

Norse Gods should not wear dinner plates as armor, nor should they be well groomed.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just fyi and a reminder the chairs are Mom's birthday present that both you and Mr. S agreed to help out with - she should NOT be doing them herself. You need to help and hassle Mr. S. They're going to look great when they're done!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

THat's a good point about the Monitors. Why don't you go bother some of the people on thos OTHER earths for a change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home