Saturday, December 08, 2007

Been a while...now with comics!

Been a while since I last posted anything. So here's a few random thoughts.

Marvel kills Captain America after throwing good guy against good guy in an attempt to shake of a share of fans, and DC brings back Mr. America. Marvel responds by turning the Hulk red and more zombies covers.

Northlanders was okay. I've been waiting for a Norse/Viking comic for a long time. Thor doesn't count, because my god of thunder and rain doesn't sew dinner plates to his chest. I was excited when I first heard about this comic, but something didn't quite sit well with me after I read the issue. The art is fine, but I think it's the fact that it reads like a modern story (modern cursing included) that just pulls you out of the atmosphere.

Countdown is actually becoming decent now that it isn't mired in all the crossovers it once was. About time DC realized it wasn't working, and it only took them....6 monthes? I really do want Jimmy Olsen to die, and I'm still confused about the rest of the cast.

Arena was interesting, but plese tell me that wasn't our Nightshade from Shadowpact that was disarmed. I liked her as a character in the book, so maybe that's why the book has felt a little off for a while. Interesting abilities and an old school looking costume. It's like they changed outfits to update the characters, but she was one of only 2 or 3 that kept their old outfit (hate Enchantress' current outfit - older one was much better, and Detective Chimp does not need spandex). Figured Red Rain Batman would win since he is, after all, undead. I still don't get Monarch - is he supposed to be written like a mary sue character?

I think Supergirl is finally on the right track. I think that is also a scary thought.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home