Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Lost topics

Well, Lost has been postponed for some football match. I'm not too happy about that, becuase I had hoped to respond about the episode afterwards. Instead I'll talk about comics.

Comic delivery was postponed again this week until tomorrow, which is also a factor in my unhappy mood - that and a loss of sleep (not a very interesting topic, so I won't talk about it unless someone pressures it). Instead I picked up a number of back issues from last week and the week before. I'm actually starting to spread my tendriles out to pick up other titles (aside from the core Batman titles). First it started with Green Lantern, thanks to Kalinara, and now I'm bleeding into Wonder Woman and Catwoman while picking up odd issues of Robin and Superman.

Overall I have been happy with what I've picked up and read. I'm sort of jumping on the bandwagon as Wonder Woman heads to a conclusion (was able to get 223 and 224). I'm curious about what will happen, and I enjoy the extra background into what is going on in Infinite Crisis.

Robin 145 was a fun read, especially with the many small time villains getting in each others' way. best quote: "Behold, I am the wicker man!" - "Behold, I have a woking lighter!" - "I surrender."

Picked up Catwoman 49 and 50 as well. 49 was the end of a multiparter, so I was a little lost as to motives, but otherwise it wasn't half bad. 50 was, to say the least, a little disturbing. I have to admit I really don't want Selina to become chaotic enough to go back to her old self, or become as psychotic as Bruce is right now. I know Zatanna meant well, and is trying to make amends with her mistakes, but she should really just stop before she unravels other things. I did like an actual explination as to why Selina became a 'good guy' - but I would have liked it more if she was able to turn herself around under her own willpower (gives her more credit, and a stronger character).

Tomorrow should be a more interesting day, since I will actually get to read 'new' comics...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

I also found that issue of Catwoman to be more than a little disturbing. I really hope that she doesn't turn completely back into a villain. But then, I have faith if Will Pfieffer's work. He's never steered me wrong before.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Centurion said...

I liked Selina laying out all her old outfits, but it sure can be read as an ill omen...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home