Sunday, February 04, 2007

DC Movies and their slow collapse

WB and DC seem to be fracturing at the seems when it comes to movies now.

Joss Whedon off Wonder Woman - It would have had great pacing and good dialogue, but I always felt his take might not have been the one non-whedon groupies would have liked on the whole. I do approve of who he had it might for Diana visually at least. It would have done well in any case.

Now there's the confirmed word that David Goyer is off the Flash - This is something I would normally slam my head on my keyboard for, because knocking him off that title after all I have read is a very very stupid move. I was really looking forward to this movie, even though I don't know a whole lot about the character. He's got great villains from what I've seen and read, even if much of them come across as less able Batman rogues.

Both of those moves toss both properties back into development hell. Afterall let's face it, who cares about those two when you have Batman and Superman?

What's next? James Cameron off Aquaman? To bad that was only a rumor spun out from a tv show's subplot. It would have been awesome.

Green Arrow will never have a movie, and let's just forget about Steel, shall we?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

I wasn't so keen on the idea of Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman, but Goyer's Flash? I do know a lot about the character, and it would've been GOLDEN.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home