Thursday, December 28, 2006

That meme that people are stealing from Sims

Five things most don't know about me?

1.) Extremely frightened by open water.
Can't explain it, since I think the root cause was blocked from memory. I've tried to get over this fear, but I occasionally still freak out crossing bridges under my own power (walking). As long as I see something solid, like shore, I'm usually fine.

2) Traveling makes me sick.
I honestly enjoy going to new places, but no matter how I travel I always get sick. Nothing violently ill or anything like that, but I almost always lose my appetite for several days. Maybe it's the stress of being somewhere different, but it's is really annoying and has proven costly in the past as well as make people worry about me (which is nice, but shouldn't have to happen).

3) MacGyver was my childhood hero.
True enough, MacGyver was my idol as I grew up and still is for the most part, and not Batman. After all, through Boy Scouts and beyond the most important thing to remember is to 'be prepaired' and MacGyver was the personification of that idea. He had a swiss army knife and duct tape, and used that to do anything he wanted. Power like that is available to any, so long as they know what they want to do. The show sadly feels dated now, and has quite a few preachy episodes, but there is still a lot to learn from that show - like the fact that punching people actually hurts.

4) I used to write Sailor Moon fanfiction.
The funny thing is I have been told by the few people that I let read it have told me it was actually decent, but I don't know of any surviving copies of the files. Also, before anyone asks, it was about the end of the world and how the sailors were coping with it. It was basically a series of medium length texts that introduced the four horsemen of the apocalypse, sailor moon style, and the sailors had little power to stop them. Very much a story in which you introduce characters of your creation that are overwhelmingly more powerful, but I was turning the stories into a very sad tragedy as everyone was slowly killed off. I only got about halfway through my grand story before I called it quits.

5) I dressed up as Data at a Star Trek Convention.
I'm proud of my geek heritage, and it doesn't get much more than this in some circles. Before you say 'that isn't so bad' let me tell you this: it was a specific version of Data in which he had a different uniform, and I had open access ports built into the outfit that held exposed insides. When interviewed I acted like Data, speaking in tech speak. My friend at the time dressed up like Riker, and had a painted on beard.

Since then, aside from Halloween, I've cosplayed as Jigen (from Lupin the 3rd) quite succesfully - natural beard and everything, which was annoying to have while in Japan. And I am considering atempting to pull off Dr. Light (male) if I can plan far enough into the future next year. I can do the beard easy, and I have blue eyes already, biggest problem is the outfit...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home