Monday, December 24, 2007

Updates on Life and Novel

With BLET coming up fast, I've been slowly pulling away from things I do in my free time. First to go was gaming. I'm no longer attached to any local games held on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Saturdays (though I rarely came to the Sat games).

I've been trying to lay other ideas I've had in my head to text for "safe keeping" and such. Among these are smaller art projects and story ideas.

The kicker to all of this is the fact that over the last few days I have been giving new thought to my novel (series) and the format of its publication. As some may know, I am an artist first and a writer second, so writing a novel has been troublesome when I have such a visual take on the story.

My novel (series) began as a series of sketched jokes taken from my friends and I over tabletop gaming - and took the form of a comic strip. I continued to redraw the same scenes over and over as the story built and more background was developed until I basically said "screw it" and stopped drawing it. In that way, the novel was born. Text is a lot easier to change than inked art.

Several years later and over 300 pages of single spaced text, I came to the startling realization that the story really would probably work better as a comic. A lot better, actually, the more I think about it. The concepts are a lot better developed now, and I'm talking with other people for help on this if it comes together.

Then again, BLET is coming up and I won't have much, if any, free time to do anything I want. In the next few weeks I'll probably update again on this topic and my progress. I won't know what I can do until BLET actually starts.

Hang in there. This isn't dead. It's been alive for I think almost 10 years with life interfering.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home