Friday, January 06, 2006

Batman & The Monster Men #3 and Detective Comics #815

Here I am posting a day after comics arrived in my hands. Yeah, I put off typing about the comics so I could type about a movie with horrible acting and giant robot battles, but it was a good cause.

Batman & The Monster Men #3
Either this series has increadible writing and pacing, or it's short a handful of pages compared to normal lengths for comics. This series is really taking me for a ride. I love the duality of the narritive (well, technically three narritives, only two are really plot centered - for now). It's a shame this is only a six issue mini, but I suppose it may have been too stretched out.

Finally the plot runs to a point where a showdown must occur. I predict that #4 will be Batman battling the monstrous men, #5 will be Batman fighting Sanjay, and #6 will be Batman fighting Hugo Strange. It's easy to predict, but the real gem will be how it will be written and pulled out. Can't wait for the next few.

Detective Comics #815
Holy crap. Writers should know better than to do that to Alfred. He should be totally off limits to severe injury, becuase he's one of the few characters able to keep Bruce level-headed....usually. Though I'm not keen on that event, I can say it was handled fairly well and that I am glad Zsasz was thwarted for once.

Speaking of Zsasz - I like him for his sheer drive as a villain, however, I feel like he just wasn't fully in character. He was basically just a plot devide to drive Bruce into acting like a hero in front of the public, and to freak out the readers when Infinite Crisis is throwing the lives of favorite characters in jepordy. He wasn't nearly as "colourful" in his random selection, and it seemed a little out of character for him to just casually infiltrate the charity event to stab Alfred. I did really like how haphazardly his escape was, and how Bruce taunted him for the showdown.

Also, wouldn'd Akins notice that Bruce casts the same shadow at Batman in his office? Just a thought...

That's it for tonight and comics, after tonight's block of SciFi goodness I'll write up my thoughts on those. Day of Vengence Special after that as well as whatever else pops into my head.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home