Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Comic run 2-22-2006

Green Lantern #9
Wow...this was probably the best issue of this run I have read. I am a bit biased though, becuase I am a Batman fan. Batman talked a lot more than usual, but it seemed like he was trying to reach out to Hal. I personally felt that despite talking a lot, he was in character.

The dialogue between Hal and Bruce was great, as it showed the different outlooks to fighting crime and tactics. The moment when Batman used the ring was amazing, and the aftermath was pretty powerful. Very much a "Batman is so hardcore" moment for us Batman fans.

Also fun to note: Hal didn't trap the demoness tattoo when he was onslaughted by all the tattoos. That made me grin, just as Rayner butt-shots make fangirls grin.

Supergirl #5
As annoying as the title has been, this issue has probably been the least offensive to my brain. Finally Supergirl beat up Supergirl, instead of making the Justice League fight like fools.

The whole physical split thing didn't make a whole lot of sense, but it did serve as a plot device to give Supergirl a unified mind and knoweldge of what her place may be now. Also, as Kal point out in chat, Superman verbally smacked her down with why he is more powerful than her.

I'm still not sure if I like the title, mainly due to not really accepting Supergirl, yet. I'll still read it though, since Powergirl will begin appearing in it (I like her a lot better, so it will at least still be somewhat enjoyable).

Batman #650
I don't think it can get much more twisted than this issue. Finally Jason's motives make sense, kind of. Everything has boiled down to a very worst-case-senario type situation. Joker makes a great hostage, and the outcome is very much something Joker would manage to do.

Bruce will get even more nutty after this issue, I'm positive.

Catwoman #52
Selina is slipping off the deep end, and now there's no going back for her. Don't want to spoil the issue so I'm not going to talk much more about it since it is a pivitol issue.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home