Saturday, February 04, 2006

Newest Green Lantern Opinions

I have to admit, so far I have been very impressed with the Green Lantern title so far. I know some of you out there will be saying "duh" - remember I have just begun reading the series, and have been a heavy Bat-centric reader for a long time. What impresses me so far has been the cohesion in the story. I know last issue I had a bit of confusion with the shift in the story (thanks, IC, for forcing all titles to comply with the metaplot). This issue brought the arch back around to what I had been used to.

Spinning from that is Rann-Thanagar War Special. A lot has been said about it already from more "informed" sources, so I'll just point out a few things I noticed. First, I still don't feel that interested in this area of the IC story, but the forensics on Superboy I enjoyed. Ion will be interesting, I'm sure, hopefully more than this miniseries.

I like the mask with the stars, because I see it as more or less like a visual metaphor for something vanishing from Kyle. He lost his face and is now missing what made him unique. At least that's how I read it, and maybe that's what the Ion miniseries will focus on...or not. I also think DC is using the star pattern a bit much, afterall Donna Troy's outfit is nearly all that pattern.

Also, kudos to Ragnell for predicting Jade's death. I only know about her through Kalinara, which means I don't have a balanced opinion at all from her. It also doesn't help that she died off basically right as I was introduced to her, so I really felt nothing for her death. I thought it was fairly well pulled off since those who cared for her were near.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home