Tuesday, January 10, 2006

WoW and Supergirl

So I was talked back into playing World of Warcraft. I had quit for nearly a year, until I was drawn back. However, instead of playing a Gnomish Warlock this time around I'm playing a Nightelf Hunter. I traded quirky cute for physically cute (pale skin w/ pulled back hair ftw!) If I keep this up I swear WoW will suck my soul, if Kalinara hadn't called dibs already...

So anyway, in my downtime from WoW I've been catching up on back issues of comics. I've been impressed with Superman/Batman so I picked up the collected books of the past story archs, in the meantime while I wait for them to come in I found a few of the comics. Alas I am reading about Supergirl, and woe to me for I now know why the masses despise her.

I admit I was really into the crash landing and her escape/running wild in the city. I thought they did that part really well. After that point I read like I was watching a trainwreck - I couldn't stop reading as much as I didn't enjoy parts.

Ok, so she is just like Superman, but a girl. I can handle that. Culture shock, sure I've had it so she can as well. She just talks, a lot. Superman also is acting wacked out, being superprotective. Hah! I made a pun! However, I digress.

What really annoyed me was how everyone on Paradise Island wore as tight fitting clothes as possible made of spandex, or short skirts, or extreme midriff tops. I know Kalinara and others have talked about this before, and I added my part (but very randomly). What really screwed with my head was that I noticed far more butt-shots, or rather the panel camera designed to maximize the number of possible glimpses. Since Paradise Island is where the Amazons live, the comic felt watching an ad for DoA: Beach Volleyball.

I thought it was too much of a distraction, and between that and the arguing between Diana, Supes, and Kara I honestly don't remember much from the issue other than a bunch of Doomsday animates porting in and getting blown away. That was cool, Paradise Island was not. In fact, I think I remember seeing more half-exposed rears in this issue than the issues of Wonder Woman I've read. I haven't read many issues, mind you, but they seemed to be more creative in hiding various areas of the body.

Well, that's my rant for the day, to make up for lost time thanks to MMORPGing

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

And now Paradise Island has disappeared. Coincidence? I think not.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Centurion said...

Well, Harbinger did warn about Supergirl bringing death and destruction when she showed up....only makes sense I guess...

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger kalinara said...

I called dibs, but I'm willing to share provided WoW makes it worth my while. :-P

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Centurion said...

I think you and WoW are going to have to battle it out, which is fine in my book, as long as I get to watch...winner takes all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home