Saturday, January 07, 2006

Day of Vengence Special

Nice that it was bit longer than standard lengths, becuase the events brought up couldn't have been fit into a normal size - and also nice they didnt stretch it over another 4-6 part series. Out of all the lead ups to Infinite Crisis, Day of Vengence has been my favorite. I really like the character chemestry, and a detective chimp is classic.

I was curious as to how they were going to pull off the seven sins arch. When I heard there was going to be a shadowpact comic leading from this special I had thought that it would be the first major arch of the comic series. I have to admit, not giving the sins a physical body was a good move. That leads me to one of the reasons I love this aspect of the DCU.

Not only do the characters have really good chemestry, but the situations they get stuck in really fit their personalities. The various sins they went up against to capture were perfect.

On side notes, i love the explination of how Blue Devil got his trident back. I also felt that the defeat of Specter was a bit contrived, but given how they were built up that's probably the only way it could work. There were also a lot of good developments, but I won't spoil them all.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home