Saturday, January 21, 2006

Thoughts about Infinite Crisis

Since issue 4 came out, I'm starting to wonder about what the outcome will be. I know others have posted rumors and ideas, and I thought it was about time I did as well. Who knows, maybe I'll get a few things right and I can rub into the faces of those who get it wrong...

First of all, its pretty obvious that the universe will end up with a single, lonely, Earth. Frankly, its a bad idea to have multiple Earths outside of Elseworlds (which I really like the concept of). The two Earths will merge once again in the grand climax of issue 7, another obvious note.

I seriously doubt Superboy will return from the Speed Force, since, well, the Speed Force is now gone. I'm clueless as to how that happened, maybe it got indigestion after eating Superboy? Anyway, if the Speedforce is gone that means Superboy must be gone as well, at least until the Speed Force returns.

What I think will be the big twist at the end will Lois2 dying shortly after returning to Earth2 (issue 5 i predict) (kind of a seeing home and able to let go finally), and that Superman2 will become a bit wrathful afterwards (end of issue 5 i predict). Massive chaos and destruction, but he actually doesn't directly kill. Luthor2, however, will play the destruction out and kill off those he sees as not belonging, probably with his crazy tech stuff or something...

I'm betting that in issue 6, Superman2 will actually kill someone...wild guess would be Luthor2. This really messes Supe2 up, and begins to realize all the wrong he has done in trying to bring back Earth2. He then tries fix what he has done, and merges the two Earths back together. (issue 7)

I'm not exactly sure how that would happen, but I bet if SuperboyP could move and change so much, Superman2 could do it just as easily. (Still not sure how he moved the center of the universe, figured it was a something abstract...maybe he just moved half the universe a little more outward).

Anyway, I'm quite sure Lois2 will die next issue, there isn't much of a way to get around it - She's mortal with no powers, age will take its toll, and the relief of returning home should allow her to finally be at piece, thanks to her love doing everything he could and succeeding on her behalf (quite romantic, if you ignore the mass destruction and death).

I don't think we are nearly through the carnage, and I suspect a good number of people will not really survive being ripped from their place. Also, when the two Earths merge again, isn't that going to rewrite history once again? Nice excuse to fix things or change things, as DC sees fit.

I could talk a bit about the reulting OLY and 52 storylines, but personally I am not trying to predict anything at this moment, rumors or not. Yes, some of the issue previews give hints, and people half played detective to figure it out. I'm keeping an open mind, but there are a few rumors I tend to like. The main one was sparked by Diamondrock concerning Wonder Woman taking over for Batman as he retires (temporarily, I hope) to start up a family with Selina Kyle, if she stays sane thanks to Zatanna.

Actually, I'm thinking that Bruce Wayne may have a big part in helping keep Selina a good girl. They have had a thing going off and on for so long, and seem to trust each other enough for something like that to work. There isn't much question that they'll get together, becuase it had already happened (on an alternate Earth).

Anyway, that's just my thoughts...as limited as they are, hopefully something's right.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Keith P. Stieneke said...

I believe that there are going to be much more than two earths and that some remnants of a multiverse will remain lest how does Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes coming soon get billed as the greatest heroes of the Multiverse? My conjecture that a great hero will die is that the Earth Two Superman will see all the wrong that has been done in trying to change things and somehow sacrifice his life to set things right.

Anyway that said I have a review of Infinite Crisis four at http://dccomicsreview.blogspot.com/2006/01/infinite-crisis-number-4-review.html

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Centurion said...

Yeah, Earth2 Supes will definately die in self sacrifice....maybe Luthor2 actions will have a ripple effect, causing unforseen consequences?

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger kalinara said...

Personally, I think it'll be one sole remaining Earth. Didio and others have publically said they preferred the model, and it's much more newbie friendly.

I think SG and Legion will be a special case, if they're even in continuity anymore.

And my own theory is that Blue Arrow thing from the Fortress of Solitude will probably somehow help take out Kal-L. Maybe he himself even put it there, knowing that it was likely before the time was up that he'd end up doing something he couldn't live with to save Lois.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Centurion said...

Well, I meant an Earth ripple, which gets solved in #7. I'm quite sure they won't carry over multiple Earths after Crisis.

Blue arrow may well be planted and have something to do with a failsafe against Supes2 - could prove interesting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home