Friday, January 13, 2006

Mishaps and Motivation

Well, this week at work has been...interesting. Aside from a minor mishap earlier in the work in which I smashed my hand in a cable assembly, today held a majority of the craziness (minor, becuase it only bruised a little). I'd go into more detail about why it was crazy, but I really can't talk about the products we work on, especially on a public forum. Most at work chalked it up to it being Friday the 13th, which I laughed at a little. Nothing like a supposed outside force to place the blame on your own shortcomings, instead of taking responsibility. However, it wasn't out fault for the biggest incident, and for that I laugh maniaclly as all of my work this week was for naught.

Still going strong on World of Warcraft. Pushing hard for level 20, and as of tonight when I logged off I was only a little bit away from getting there. After that I "plan" to relax a bit and merge other things back into my off time from work.

Crazy thing is, a friend of mine is building a D&D campaign. I offered to play when he gets it ready, which will probably take up my weekends. More on that as it develops.

So the real question remains, when do I get to read my comics? Answer: Usual times. In fact WoW had messed me up for normally posting about this week's cashing in.

So, what was good?

Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #199
I really liked how this story ended. I have to say, I was a little worried how it would end. At first I was planning for the story to just fizzle out when Batman stopped him. The way it ended, the way it unfolded, was pulled off in such a way I almost didn't want to read anything afterwards to keep from that feeling of satisfaction from getting spoiled.

That's all I had subscription wise, which surprised me.

I thought Green lantern was supposed to come out this week, but I saw it nowhere - guess it's off schedule a bit. I also picked up Batman: Detective 27, the new batman Elseworld book. I'll review it when I get around to reading it (hopefully this weekend, since I love Elseworld).

Infinite Crisis #4 comes out nextweek, and I'm excited...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home