Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Finally updated

So yeah, figured I should post now that so much craziness had come to pass and I have the time. Now that I'm posting, here's the run down of this week's comic run.

Birds of Prey #91
Good stand alone issue. Wasn't outstanding in anyway, but it flowed well and told a good story - and that's good for me. The ending where Barb hands down her ultimatum was a good ending.

Gotham Knights #74
Last issue, huh? Too bad since I liked this title for the most part. The story was jumpy and hard to tell what was going on chonologically. While I was reading I briefly thought there were two Jokers, and somehow one was going to be killed by Hush (being blackmailed person to play the part by the joker using the pacemaker plot). The flow was garbled by this lack of consistancy, which bothered me since this was supposed to be the explosive finale.

Still, as much as DC hyped the "all out battle" between Hush and Joker, I enjoyed the tension between them and Bats around the end. Though it was a good ending in my opinion....it's a cliffhanger....and that's very annoying in a last issue...

Action Comics #836
The "This was your life" story is getting good bit by bit, and I eagerly await the 3rd part of it. The covers themselves should sell the issues - well, at least this issue (I kept thinking I had sat on the first one). This story has the fractured timeline narritive laid out well, and it really held the idea through the issue. I liked the touching on Doomsday and the Death of Superman just enough to make the point it was trying to make, and not giving multiple accounts of what different Superman did. I enjoyed the string about how Superman turning dark, but I usually like watching characters slip against their nature into something worse (that's a thought for another day). I'm a little lost on the reason for having Jimmy Olsen tumbling through multiple realities, but I'm assuming it's part of the whole shifting aspect since Lois Lane was last time and Jimmy is Superman's pal afterall.


Other things to note, is that Transformers #2 came out last week and the series may be turning around. Might post tomorrow again after I get my Nightwing and Batgirl issues - screw up at the comic shop and I was unaware they came out.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home