Sunday, February 26, 2006

More on Spawn

Seems that I had a fair bit of traffic from my first mentioning of Spawn, so I feel it important to mention again. Also, I was drunk on Nyquil when I wrote it so it probably needs a more focused point.

I really don't know much about the character, beyond what the average comic book reader knows most likely. Most of what I know are from adaptations, so I'm pretty sure at least part of the story vanished in the conversion.

I like the concept of the character, and I'm drawn to the tragedy of his life as motivation for his actions. I think most of this is from the parallels with Batman. A lot of his poses and such that I have seen are very Batman like, down to his cape wraping around him in the wind.

I extend a question to the general public that may wander here: Is the comic worth reading? If it is, can I start from anywhere or is it best to start back with issue 1?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

You mentioned that you liked that he came back because of love. Based on that I would say start at the beginning. I didn't start picking it up until issue 99, but I had sort of kept my eye on the character over that time.

The longer the series went, it seemed like the more things you learned about Al Simmons that made you like him less.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Centurion said...

Oh really? Interesting...

Next trip to the comic shop I'll check out what they have, and ask around about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home