Sunday, May 28, 2006

Small reviews and updates

I plan to shop myself around at the upcoming comic convention. I know I won't be able to show my stuff to some of the major studios, but I'll be able to show it off to indies and artists already in the industry. I need all the help I can get, but I have a good start thanks to Kal. More on this later as it develops.

---

52 still on schedule as of issue 3 and still strong. Black Adam and Power Girl are fun, and Booster is a total puppet.

Batman #653 - Wow. Almost nothing happens in this issue, but it's one of the best I've read in a long time. Face the Face is the best story I think I have ever read in the main continuity.

Secret Six #1 - Off to a great start. Gail Simone is quickly becoming my top favorite writer for DC. Her intercharacter banter really makes her work fun to read. Hate that this is only a miniseries.

Battle for Bludhaven #4 - Hey look, body count is finally growing! I still don't know what is going on, nor are any of the character interesting. By the time the ending happens I doubt the end will be any more interesting than X-Men 3 (see earlier post).

JSA Classified #12 - Ok, first of all I have to say I enjoyed the issue, however one thing seriously bothers me about this issue. Either the writer or penciler has never been to the Appalachian Mountains, which is where the story takes place. In the issue it looks like they are in the Rockies or Himalayas. It's a very old range so there are no sharp peaks, and it is basically a temperate zone allowing many trees of various types to grow. Here's an example. Living near them and able to look out a window and see them makes the art really bother me. Aside from that error, the story is still interesting (including a mention of Sand).

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home