Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Things I picked up on today in comics

A few things grabbed my interest today as I read comics that were pulled today. No real structure today, just typing as I think of things per issue.

First of all, in JSA 85, I notice that Alan doesn't have anything wrong with his eye. I like the eyepatch and wish he had it still, or at least had it hanging near bedside. I also like Powergirl landing on Gent Ghost and knocking him low on the ground making him bamph out. Ghost's story is still mediocre, and still not explaining how he is what he is now. The dead realm was interesting and fun, but I am really curious and confused as to why Batman was there. Good moments with Jade.

Action Comics 838 - Really curious about what is going on. My first assumption is that the thing stuck in the earth could be something that allowed Krypton to know of Earth, like a scout probe or something. Supe's is slowly getting his powers back, and I think they are doing the slow recovery well. What really made me chuckle is that, if you look closely, Clark is reading Jennifer Government at the ballgame. I'm not sure what to think about that, but I think it is clever.

Detective Comics 819 - No! They killed Orca! I guess that was bound to happen, but that was a bit icky of a discovery (thanks croc). I liked that they developed her a bit more, and that she was one of the few that had a good one year after IC. Well, who am I kidding - I barely know the character aside from how absurd she was in concept. Still, good ending and still much to twist around in the final chapters of the story. Question though, is that former Comm. Akins turned villain?

Teen Titans 35 - Not a whole lot of plot progression, but a periodically fun issue. Robin is still playing mad scientist inbetween getting hit on by a nude Ravager, to which I grinned at both. Everything is screwed up for the Titans. Mystery surrounding human cloning stuff, and Tim's playing clueless. Interesting.

As for Infinite Crisis 7, no spoilers but it has one hell of a conclusion.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home