Saturday, March 25, 2006

Comic Book Movies

In "honor" of V for Vendetta being a success in my mind, I thought about typing list of my top 10 favorite comic book adaptations. I'll list them in order from best to next to best.

1) Batman Begins
2) Hulk
3) Superman & Superman 2
4) V for Vendetta
5) X2: X-Men United
6) Batman Returns
7) Spiderman 2
8) Batman '89
9) Road to Perdition
10) X-Men

The tricky thing is that this list is limited to American comic movies only. If extended this list out to manga adaptations to movies the list would be larger and more competative in my mind (Japanese movies, mind you. I'm still waiting on preproduction of James Cameron's Battle Angel).

Some people would be quick to point out that Sin City is surprisingly absent from my list. While I really enjoyed the movie, and think it is probably the best thing Frank Miller has made in his genre, the movie wasn't an adaptation. What Sin City in fact was, in my mind, was a direct translation of media. For that, the movie is in a category all its own.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:05 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

I didn't know Cameron was making a version of Battle Angel...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home