Thursday, March 23, 2006

Been a while...

Been a while since I last posted. Health issues and such keeping me from various things I put on a lower priority, such as these weblogs. I didn't post last week about comics that came out, and instead of trying to backpedal and cover them as well, I'll just stick with this week.

Best of this Week: Robin #148
I think this will be tagged 'the Search for Cassandra' by people, expecially after the way Batgirl ended, and the OYL startup for Birds of Prey. There is a real mystery here thanks to the jump forward, and I am fully invested. Cassandra is alive, it seems, and is staying way under the Bat-radar for some reason. Robin is now wanted to murder. Batman is...accepting of opinions? Tim is proving to be stronger and stronger of a leader, much like Dick. I also want to know more about this bonding trip to Budapest Bruce took Tim and Dick on, becuase it seemed to work wonders.
5/5

Second Best of the Week: Catwoman #53
Lots of homages to Earth2, and pulled off well. Holly is going to make a fun Catwoman, getting stuck in bad situations and getting herself out of them. Also, the image of Batman holding a teddy bear will never leave my mind - it is burned in there. (yes, Kal, the father has every right to give his daughter a gift, but it looks really out of character).
4.5/5

So, what else was good? Well, I'll refer briefly refer back to last week to Birds of Prey #92. Refering, of course, to my feelings of 'holy crap Society guy defecting with info? What the...Lady Shiva is alive? Cassandra didn't kill her, so she's still ok! Dinah is getting schooled, but it is strangely touching. Wait, Shiva isn't the new member advertised? Sleathed?' So, yeah, that would have been my pick for last week's best.

Also, Batman #651 was a fairly good issue. I like how smooth the teamwork has become thanks to that retreat in Budapest, that I hope gets explained at some point (likely near the end of 52). I also find it interesting how the covers are building up to a big poster, but that's a whole different realm of interest. The story is decent, and broken up well episodically. I don't really know who the villain that was killed in this issue was though, as opposed to Detective #817

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home