Sunday, April 09, 2006

comic run !

Note: I will be typing spoilers, so be warned!

Infinite Crisis #6
I'm still really enjoying Inifnite Crisis, but this issue seemed a little...I don't know...crushed together. A lot happened in this issue, so much that I think it could have been split into at least two issues and still flowed well. My problem is that the action wasn't nearly as intense as it should have been, considering the outcome. There are many different stories going on, each needs progression, and as this major event comes to a wrap sacrifices have to be made.

I suppose my biggest problem, was that Superboy's final fight didn't seem all that incredible. I know that Superboy Prime is now some nearly god-like corrupt hero. That battle should have been something absolutely breathtaking, and not the predictable blind-charge-into-tower thing. I would have thought he would have really become worked up after Wondergirl got smacked.

I guess Superboy in Infinite Crisis was supposed to be as shocking as Supergirl in Crisis on Infinite Earths. In any case, it makes for a very nice dark shadow to hang over everyone. Also, Infinite Crisis #7 should prove to be one incredible finale leading into 52.

Teen Titans #34
This single issue has impressed me more than any other single issue starting out OYL, even more than Green Arrow. I absolutely loved the opening, becuase it felt ripped right out of Robocop, being one of my favorite movies of all time. The pacing was really well handled, and the prospects are really interesting.

Raven and Gar no more? That's all Gar's fault, and was bound to happen. Maybe Raven will finally become interesting (she deserves it, well, I want her to be likable personality-wise and not just a tool or shadow). Ravage now a 'hero' fighting the good fight? Not so sure how long that will last since she's a little....eager to fight, and kill. Still, I've liked her in the stories I've read (plus, I like the white hair).

Finally, Tim is....possibly crazier in some ways that Bruce. Not in the insane way, but freakishly scary. He's been busy alright, but it isn't just what he is trying to do that makes me curious - you have to wonder how he got the technology to attempt the cloning, becuase I'm pretty sure Bruce doesn't know a thing about what he's trying to do. And, as Kal pointed out to me, Bruce didn't try cloning Clark when he was killed...

JSA #84
Fairly average fair, still. The Gentleman Ghost could be an interesting character, but his origin is pretty bland. Something just doesn't feel right about this story, and I think it is the missing characters I briefly was introduced to (I started reading around the begining of Infinite Crisis).

Honestly, of all the OYL stories, this one is proving to be the weakest I've read. Right now, I'm blaming Gent Ghost. I care nothing for him as a solo villain.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger kalinara said...

I actually thought the Superboy beatdown was oddly reminiscent of the Superman/Doomsday fight. Down to the death scene. I wouldn't be surprised if Conner Kent returns after all...only to find a clone of *him* running around. Just like Clark before him...

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Centurion said...

Wouldn't surpise me if Tim succeeds in cloning eventually, which could very well lead to that situation.

Question is: What would happen when the two Superboys meet?

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Yeah, I think the Ghost works better when he's part of a team. Or when he's facing off with Hawkman. Because he just knows how to push Hawkman's buttons. It's hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home